First of all, a big thanks to the 152 members who responded to the Teacup Nordic Member Questionnaire. The board is happy to report that the results and comments were very positive and included good suggestions.
- The highest satisfaction rating (98%) goes to Grooming! Take a bow Harold and crew.
- The trail system received the next highest satisfaction rating of 91%. The cabin received an 88% thumbs-up.
- There may be a trailside yurt in Teacup’s future. An application is now with the Forest Service.
- For communications, 75%-90% prefer to receive event information and grooming reports via email as their first choice. The website and the Facebook page, plus Twitter, also received first choice votes. We will continue to use multiple platforms for communication.
- Members are happy with the improved Sno-Park, with 76% registering a level of satisfaction.
- For races and ski events, there was interest in having additional races, plus an organized fun ski tour. There were several distance preferences, with 10km and 15km getting the most votes.
Request: We were unable to capture email addresses for about half of the people who are interested in volunteer opportunities. Most of those “lost” addresses were responding to the initial send-out of the questionnaire. (That computer glitch was corrected). We had a wonderful response to the call for volunteers (55%); we don’t want to miss anyone. We especially want to know who expressed interest in Volunteer Coordinator! So, please do us a huge favor and contact the appropriate addresses below to be added to the lists for specific volunteer activities. Thank you so much.
Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
Youth Instruction and Coaching: firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Development Team: email@example.com
Trail Maintenance: trail-maintenance@
Cabin Maintenance: cabin-maintenance@
Annual Tea Party: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Race(s): email@example.com
Masters Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site & Tech Projects email@example.com
Not only did over 50% of you check one or more volunteer activities, there was a positive response to increasing membership rates. The board will be considering this topic, with any adjustments being instituted for the 2016-2017 season.
Now is the time for Trail Maintenance. A couple dozen folks indicated willingness to help with trail maintenance. Please contact the trail-maintenance email above to make sure we have your contact info.
Several people signed up to help with Stocking Firewood for the cabin. This year the Hood River Valley Nordic Team will again be handling that job, so we’re all set on that front for this year Hurray team!
There will be a Masters Group beginning this ski season! Many members indicated an interest in having a masters level training group, so here you go. If you are interested in participating or being an instructor, or just curious, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Ski Clinic and Tea Party continues to help members refine their skills and introduces many non-members to Nordic skiing. It serves an important function in expanding our sport.
Remember – the Fall Workouts start Saturday 9:30 at Mt Tabor Park
One last favor: Start the snow dancing!